The Community Health Workers & Promotores in the Future of Medi-Cal project will produce resource packages informed and reviewed by project contributors. These resource packages will provide actionable guidance for Medi-Cal managed care plans to integrate CHW/Ps into population health, care management, and clinical care teams to deliver culturally specific care with the ultimate goal of achieving health equity for their members.
We will publish resource packages to this web page as available throughout the duration of the project. Click on the links below to review and comment on draft resource packages. Sign up for our mailing list to be among the first to know when they are released.
Draft Resource Package Available for Review
Review and comment on the following draft resource package:
- Resource Package #1: The Role of Community Health Workers and Promotores in Health Care (PDF) (Review period has passed.)
Tentative Release Dates
- February 22, 2021 — Resource Package #1: The Role of Community Health Workers and Promotores in Health Care
- April 26, 2021 — Resource Package #2
- June 7, 2021 — Resource Package #3
- August 9, 2021 — Resource Package #4
The final deliverable of the project will be the CHCF-published toolkit — a collection of the resource packages that Medi-Cal managed care plans can reference as they deploy community health workers and promotores to serve their members.
We will publish the toolkit to this web page at the culmination of the project. Sign up for our mailing list to be among the first to know when it’s available.
Tentative Publication Date
- September 13, 2021