California Healthline is the California Health Care Foundation’s free daily digest of health care policy news and opinion for the nation’s largest state. Subscribers may register for daily, weekly, and breaking news email alerts. They also can receive notifications for the monthly Ask Emily feature, which examines consumer questions about health care concerns.
California Healthline is produced by the Kaiser Family Foundation’s editorially independent and nonprofit news service, Kaiser Health News (KHN), which is responsible for the publication’s editorial content. KHN is the nation’s leading source for in-depth news on health care policy and politics. In January 2016, with support from the California Health Care Foundation, KHN expanded California Healthline’s editorial staff and hired additional journalists based in California to cover the state’s health care system.
Since 1999, California Healthline (CHL) has served its core audiences in government, industry, academia, and the media by distributing digests and original content through daily emails and on CaliforniaHealthline.org. This partnership continues the California Health Care Foundation’s longstanding support of health care journalism and its commitment to providing timely, relevant information to California’s health policy community. Under the partnership, CHL has expanded its readership and statewide footprint, producing more original reporting and disseminating content through KHN’s California and national media partners as well as through social media. All original CHL content is created and edited by KHN and made freely available for republishing. Content is also available through Twitter and Facebook. Many syndication options are available to media outlets.
Monday through Friday, California Healthline offers:
- Daily Edition: A daily digest of media coverage on topics such as access to care, care delivery, quality of care, public health, research, policy, and business and finance, compiled for a California audience
- Capitol Desk: A daily report covering health care policy and politics from CHL‘s Sacramento Bureau
- Insight: Experienced journalists delve deeper into California health care and policy issues
- Think Tank: Informed contributors share perspectives on recent news and major issues related to health care policy, finance, and delivery
- Innovations: A look at what’s breaking new ground in the health care system
- Ask Emily: Senior Correspondent Emily Bazar’s monthly column on coverage issues for California health care consumers
- A calendar of conferences and other events, with links to more information and registration
- Special audio reports exploring health policy issues of interest to Californians, as well as multimedia broadcasts of important developments, speeches, and events