Community-based palliative care (CBPC) is an emerging field that seeks to integrate palliative and serious illness care with local health care systems. This resource center houses materials designed to assist organizations when planning, implementing, or enhancing their CBPC services.
While specialist palliative care is available in many acute care hospitals, people with serious illness and their families can also benefit greatly from community-based palliative care (CBPC), an emerging field that is starting to take root in communities across California.
This resource center provides strategies and support for organizations that are planning, implementing, or enhancing an outpatient CBPC program.
- Key Concepts: Essential information about the need for and prevalence of CBPC
- Best Practices: Guidelines to support program development, monitoring, and improvement
- Programs: Practical characteristics of existing programs and models
- Making the Case: Considerations for building a business model and demonstrating value
- Measures & Outcomes: Sampling of metrics and performance reports
- Tools: Tools to help organizations identify needs and assess impact
- Educational Resources: Courses to build the skills of palliative care specialists and generalists
- Organizations: Palliative care leadership organizations