Webinar — Organizations React to Medi-Cal Managed Care Procurement Draft RFP
About This Event
On July 1, the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) released a draft RFP for the upcoming reprocurement of commercial Medi-Cal managed care plans. CHCF invited organizations to share with us the comments they submitted to DHCS during the 30-day public comment period. This was an important opportunity to provide DHCS with recommendations to help ensure that procurement leads to better access, equity, and quality of care for the millions of Californians who rely on Medi-Cal.
CHCF’s webinar on August 5 from noon to 1:15 PM (PT) presented findings from an analysis of the comments shared with CHCF, identifying key themes that emerged across the various recommendations to DHCS. In addition, panelists shared their perspectives on the draft RFP and visions for how procurement should be harnessed to improve quality, advance health equity, and achieve other Medi-Cal program goals.
- Sandra R. Hernández, MD, president and chief executive officer, CHCF
- Linnea Koopmans, MSW, chief executive officer, Local Health Plans of California
- Mike Odeh, MPP, director, Health, Children Now
- Chris Perrone, MPP, director, Improving Access, California Health Care Foundation
- Kiran Savage-Sangwan, MPA, executive director, California Pan-Ethnic Health Network
- Beth Waldman, JD, MPH, senior consultant, Bailit Health