SB 1004 Implementation Technical Assistance Series: Strategies for Addressing Common Challenges
About This Event
Health plans and palliative care providers came together in two workshops in June to identify barriers to SB 1004 implementation, share strategies to address those barriers, and develop action plans for carrying out this work in their organizations.
- Review strategies to address common implementation challenges, informed by the experiences of peers who are administering and delivering SB 1004 services.
- Review strategies that plans and providers are employing to identify eligible patients.
- Highlight promising approaches to engaging patients and referring providers.
- Explore the range of staffing models that providers are using to deliver SB 1004 palliative care.
- Explore the range of approaches plans are taking to collaborate with palliative care providers on operational and clinical processes.
A webinar (recording below) captured highlights from these strategy exchange workshops, as well as from surveys completed by plans and providers describing their early experiences with SB 1004 implementation. The workshop materials and a summary of strategies, best practices, and lessons learned from this technical assistance series (TAS) topic are available below.