COVID-19 Tracking Poll, February 2021: Views from California Health Care Providers on the Front Lines

Goodwin Simon Strategic Research


Downloads

As the COVID-19 pandemic enters its second year, it continues to have unprecedented impact on California’s health care system. To assess that impact on health care providers, the California Health Care Foundation (CHCF), in conjunction with Goodwin Simon Strategic Research, conducted a statewide survey of California health care providers. The poll provides insights into providers’ acceptance of a COVID-19 vaccine, assessment of their health care systems’ readiness to administer the vaccine to the general public, and the impact of COVID-19 on providers’ mental health and morale, as well as other topics.

This survey, conducted January 4 to 14, 2021, is the second in a three-part series of research assessing COVID-19-related effects on health care providers. The survey was conducted among 1,202 doctors, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and behavioral health specialists in California. The first part was published in November 2020.

When this survey was conducted in early to mid January, 49% of the providers surveyed said they had received the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, while another 12% had received both doses — for a total of 61% having received at least one dose. In addition, another 24% of respondents said they would want to get a vaccine “immediately” when it becomes available to them.

The full report, available in Document Downloads below, shows data broken down by provider type, by safety-net or non-safety-net providers, and by proportion of patients of color. Also available are the charts and a press release about the poll.