As a CHCF grantee, you are required to submit narrative and financial reports. Guidelines and templates are provided below. Please refer to your grant or contract agreement for specific requirements and submission deadlines. All reports should be submitted online through CHCF’s Grants Portal.
It is the grantee’s responsibility to notify CHCF about any delays in reporting. If the delay changes the end date of the project, a no-cost extension must be requested.
Narrative reports provide information on the activities, challenges, and accomplishments of a project.
- Grantee Narrative Reports (PDF)
- CHCF Guidelines for Submission of Publication Drafts (PDF)
- CHCF House Style Sheet
CHCF typically requires financial reports for project for which a line item budget was submitted and approved. Financial reports should be completed using CHCF’s Financial Report Template (link below) or a similar spreadsheet. The first column of the report should reflect the approved budget for the project. If the template does not provide enough lines for each budget item, please insert additional lines and use additional pages rather than combine line items. (Note: Any line-item changes in excess of 10% or $1,000 must be approved by CHCF. Refer to your grant agreement for details.)
- CHCF Financial Report Template (Excel) for nonprofit entities (unless an invoice is requested). Refer to your grant agreement.
CHCF requires invoices and/or expense reports for grants and contracts that are fee for service (time and materials) or fixed fee. Please refer to your grant or contract agreement for details.
- Invoices for services (select one):
- CHCF Fee for Service Invoice Form (Excel) should reflect any advance CHCF payment received and include a brief description and date of services provided; the number of hours billed, if applicable; and the amounts of out-of-pocket expenses incurred.
- CHCF Fixed Fee Invoice Form (Excel) should include a description of the services or deliverables provided.
- CHCF Expense Report Form (Excel) should be submitted along with receipts for out-of-pocket expenses. Original receipts are preferred.
- California Tax Withholding Notice 2019 (PDF) should be submitted to for-profit organizations and individual consultants located outside of California.
CHCF Travel and Expense Guidelines for Grantees, Contractors, and Consultants (PDF). All grantees, consultants, and contractors who use CHCF funds for expenses must adhere to this policy.
Questions about financial reporting may be directed to CHCF Grants Administration.