Most of CHCF’s grants are solicited or awarded through a competitive request for proposals. However, unsolicited letters of inquiry are also accepted by the foundation. If you are submitting an unsolicited request, please follow the instructions below. If you are interested in a program-related investment, please follow the application instructions outlined by the CHCF Innovation Fund.
Review CHCF’s strategic goals, the list of what we don’t fund, and our previously awarded grants, to ensure that your request is aligned with the foundation’s work.
To submit a letter of inquiry (LOI), please send an email to CHCF Grants Administration and include the following:
- A brief description of the proposed project
- A description of how the project fits with the work of the foundation, including the specific strategic goal that applies
- An estimated timeline
- The amount requested
- Contact information
There are no due dates for LOIs, and we will generally respond within six to eight weeks.
- Direct clinical care
- General operations
- Purchases of equipment
- Capital or endowment campaigns
- Construction, purchase, or renovation of facilities
- Annual appeals or fundraising events
- Basic biomedical research
- Insurance subsidies
- Requests that benefit an individual
- Organizations outside of the US
Grantseekers may wish to continue their research for funding sources through the Foundation Center by Candid, which offers many resources, including a searchable foundation directory and online librarian. These and many other resources are also available through the Foundation Center’s library in New York and at Funding Information Network locations around the US.