CIN Webinar — Introducing a Toolkit to Advance Racial Health Equity in Primary Care Improvement Efforts
About This Event
The California Improvement Network (CIN) is focused on effectively integrating equity into health care improvement projects. CIN published “A Toolkit to Advance Racial Health Equity in Primary Care Improvement” to help organizations that provide, pay for, or support primary care to increase the care improvement efforts that center racial equity. This toolkit was developed in partnership with HealthBegins and a workgroup of CIN health care leaders.
Watch this webinar to understand how the toolkit was developed, to hear from workgroup members who helped develop the toolkit, and to understand how to use the toolkit. The webinar was intended for leaders, support and administrative staff, and medical and allied health care providers. The webinar was free and open to CIN members and partners thanks to the support of the California Health Care Foundation.
After watching this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand how CIN leaders came together to develop a toolkit to advance racial equity in primary care improvement efforts.
- Identify a “roadmap for improvement,” which includes seven concrete opportunities, recommendations, and resources to center and advance racial health equity in primary care improvement efforts.
- Learn from leaders helping their institutions pursue these opportunities to advance racial health equity in primary care.
- Identify at least one way to use the toolkit to advance racial health equity–focused primary care improvement efforts.
- Roza Do, MPH, MCP, Health Equity Senior Associate, HealthBegins
- Rebecca Hargreaves, MPP, Deputy Director, Healthforce Center at UCSF
- Rishi Manchanda, MD, MPH, President and CEO, HealthBegins
- Nasaura Miles, MHA, Health Equity Program Analyst, HealthBegins
Past participants overwhelmingly indicate CIN programming to be a worthwhile use of their time. See recordings of recent CIN events.
For questions about this event or other CIN resources, contact the CIN Program Office Team.
Become a CIN Member
Membership in the California Improvement Network is open to all and free of cost thanks to the support of the California Health Care Foundation. As a member, you will hear about the latest health care improvement resources and events through our monthly newsletter. Join CIN now to become part of a community that is connecting, learning together, and taking action that effects positive change.