Promise and Progress in Palliative Care: Videos Featuring California Leaders
Palliative care has undergone incredible changes in the past decade. What does the future of the field look like? Hear from leading palliative care providers and experts along with health plan executives, researchers, and others on the opportunities and challenges facing end-of-life care services in California.
A dozen state and national leaders offer their perspectives on the strategies that work and the challenges ahead — from innovations on the horizon, to workforce capacity, to the complex care needs of the Medi-Cal population. These interviews were filmed during the Palliative Care Innovation Forum held in Los Angeles on May 17, 2016, an event co-sponsored with the CHCF Health Innovation Fund. A meeting summary is available under Document Downloads.
Watch all four videos here.
Speakers featured in these videos are:
- Amy Bruce, operations director, Resolution Care
- Sandy Chan, LCSW, manager, palliative medicine, Stanford Health Care
- Torrie Fields, MPH, senior program manager, palliative care, Blue Shield of California
- Michael Fratkin, MD, president, Resolution Care
- Suzi Johnson, RN, MPH, vice president, Sharp HospiceCare
- Kathleen Kerr, consultant, Kerr Healthcare Analytics
- Anne Kinderman, MD, director, supportive and palliative care services, San Francisco General Hospital
- Solomon Liao, MD, director of palliative care services, UC Irvine
- Helen McNeal, executive director, CSU Institute for Palliative Care
- Kate O’Malley, RN, MS, senior program officer, California Health Care Foundation
- Michael Rabow, MD, professor of clinical medicine, department of medicine, UCSF
- Brad Smith, CEO, Aspire Health