To achieve its mission and goals, CHCF needs to be able to influence how health care for Californians with low incomes is financed, regulated, and delivered. The assets we deploy to achieve these goals are money, time, expertise, and influence.
To leverage those assets for significant and measurable systems-level change, we use five key capabilities:
- Grantmaking: We fund initiatives in areas where health care improvement is needed most.
- Program-related investing: We invest in innovative companies to solve market problems in the safety net.
- Research: We create a data and policy analysis agenda that helps decisionmakers make informed choices.
- Engagement: We use our voice and relationships to address health care problems and find solutions.
- Convening: We bring stakeholders together to find solutions, spread knowledge, and create the impetus for change.
The graphic below details how CHCF approaches project development within our strategic framework.