The new Safety Net Analytics Program will teach clinic leaders how to mine the data in EHRs to improve patient care.
Community health centers have made progress in adopting electronic health records, yet mining data from these systems is often so complex that clinic leaders are not readily able to draw useful insights. Safety-net organizations need to develop expertise in analytics to improve patient care and manage their business.
CHCF, in partnership with the Center for Care Innovations (CCI), will support organizations through a 14-month program to improve analytic capacity while pursuing a strategic priority.
During the program, national experts will help participants build an analytics program, moving from retrospective analysis ("what happened") to predictive analysis ("what we should be doing"). The curriculum, coupled with technical assistance, coaching, and peer sharing, will help health centers and clinics apply leading analytics practices to address real-life challenges within their organizations.
Nonprofit organizations, including clinic corporations, ambulatory care clinics at public hospitals, and other California-based nonprofit health centers that provide comprehensive primary care services to primarily underserved populations, were eligible to apply. Organizations chosen to participate in the Safety Net Analytics Program (SNAP) and to receive a scholarship of $20,000 are:
- Asian Health Services – Oakland
- CommuniCare Health Centers – Davis
- Community Health Alliance of Pasadena – Pasadena
- Community Health Clinic Ole – Napa
- Contra Costa Health Services – Martinez
- Golden Valley Health Centers – Merced
- La Maestra Community Health Centers – San Diego
- LifeLong Medical Care – Berkeley
- Maxine Hall Health Center (SFDPH) – San Francisco
- Mendocino Coast Clinics – Fort Bragg
- Mendocino Community Health Clinic – Ukiah
- Native American Health Center – Oakland
- Northeast Valley Health Corporation – San Fernando
- Salud Para La Gente – Watsonville
- Santa Barbara County Public Health Department – Santa Barbara
- Santa Cruz Community Health Centers – Santa Cruz
- Santa Rosa Community Health Centers – Santa Rosa
- Tri City Health Center – Fremont
- Venice Family Clinic – Venice
- West County Health Centers – Guerneville
See more information on the CCI website.