CHCF supports StartUp Health Academy, a three-year education program for entrepreneurs seeking to build businesses that improve the quality and lower the cost of health care.
StartUp Health has a new approach to helping innovations succeed in the health sector: Build a community of entrepreneurs who are passionate about transforming health care, and give them access to the tools they need. One of those tools, education, is the focus of the ambitious StartUp Health Academy, which seeks to help 1,000 entrepreneurs, over the next 10 years, build sustainable-growth businesses that will improve care and reduce health care costs.
To reach this goal, each three-year "class" of the academy provides 10 elite health and wellness entrepreneurs with access to curricula, coaches, customers, and strategic capital partners. Also, each class is structured around a theme, such as mobile health, access to care, or behavior change as a way to cultivate the virtual collaboration that allows the academy to accept innovators from all over the country.
The first class of the StartUp Health Academy includes five serial entrepreneurs, three health care professionals, and two passionate health care innovators, all of whom are focused on a mission to solve one of the great challenges of our time: fixing a broken health care system in ways that significantly reduce costs and dramatically improve care. These companies are represented in this class:
- Basis supplies a health and heart rate monitor for wellness and fitness
- BrainPaint delivers automated neurofeedback information to clinicians
- DailyFeats motivates people to realize the potential of every day
- Direct Dermatology offers convenient access to immediate teledermatology consultations
- FORCE Therapeutics gives physical therapists and patients a way to view exercise videos, track progress, and securely communicate with one another
- Medivo helps physicians and patients leverage lab testing to make better decisions
- MotherKnows provides secure storage and retrieval of children's medical records
- Zeel Networks connects consumers with personal trainers, massage therapists, aesthetic doctors, nutritionists, and other health and beauty practitioners
The California Health Care Foundation is pleased to support the StartUp Health Academy by providing five scholarships to enrolled entrepreneurs who have already received funding or financial backing for their businesses via venture capital, angel investors, grants, or customer revenue.
For more information, visit the StartUp Health website through the External Link below.