Hear about interviews and focus groups with a diverse group of people that used Covered California to apply for private insurance or Medi-Cal in the early months of ACA enrollment.
More than two million Californians have signed up for health insurance or applied for Medi-Cal through Covered California. How was their enrollment experience?
CHCF held a Sacramento briefing about a report, by PerryUndem Research/Communication, based on interviews and focus groups with a diverse group of people that used Covered California to apply for private insurance or Medi-Cal. Participants applied online, by telephone, or in person.
The report is part of ongoing work by CHCF to assess the early experiences of consumers and providers under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Future research will include details on the online enrollment experience, as well as the experiences of newly insured consumers seeking and receiving health care.
- Anastasia Dodson, associate director of policy, California Department of Health Care Services
- Frank J. Mecca, executive director, County Welfare Directors Association of California
- Michael Perry, partner, PerryUndem Research/Communication
- Sarah Soto-Taylor, deputy director of community relations, Covered California
- Sonya Vasquez, policy director, Community Health Councils
A video recording of the event, the presentation slides, and the full report are available below.